Today I'd like you to meet Matthew, the adorable son of Sarah and Jeremy. This little prince has only been on Earth for a short period, but he is such a naturally beautiful baby. I absolutely had to take advantage of those good looks during this session.
Seriously —his creamy skin tone, smooth complexion and natural glow make Matthew’s sleeping photos magazine worthy! Good thing too because this little guy did not feel like waking up at all during his session.
Because I wanted to highlight baby Matthew's good looks, I chose to keep props and background noise to a minimum.
Matthew's adorable big sister let me take a few photos of her. I can't believe she has gotten so big...I took her newborn pictures not too long ago!
Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!
Who makes you smile the. most? Who did you call first when you heard bad news? Who's text make you literally laugh out loud?
I have been wanting to do Bestie Mini Sessions for a while and have been patiently waiting for a chance to introduce these to you! Obviously its important to have your pictures taken with your family but having these special pictures of you and your best friend is so important too! You laugh together, confide in each other, are there for one another through thick and thin.
This mini session is a short but fun photography session on Saturday and Sunday April 1st and 2nd, where you and your bestie (or several of your girlfriends) can come, relax, laugh & reflect on what you have all been though together. This outdoor session will take place at a location in Livingston County (TBA) and is $60.00 for up to 3 besties (additional friends after 3, may be added at $15.00 a piece). You will receive a 10-15 image gallery and a keepsake mini accordion album for each friend!
All images will be delivered within 3 weeks of the session via a link to an online gallery where you can download and print where you choose. Print release is also included. Email me at email@example.com to reserve your session slot! Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis....limited slots!!
Full Payment of session much be made in order to book your slot!
How much fun are these!! Book yours today!
Today I want you to meet Rachel. She is a student from Holy Childhood and will be walking the stage at York Central School this Spring 2017! She shared her favorite things to do is sing, listen to music and hang with her friends. These things don’t surprise me because she is FULL of personality!
I loved the outfits that Rachel brought to the shoot. The adorable dress and cowgirl boots were a favorite of mine.
Her fashionable sister, Gracie, helped her accessorize and did her hair and makeup. She gives thanks to her sister for creating a soft natural look.
I asked Rachel whether she had any advice to offer others who were getting ready to take senior pictures. This is what she had to share:
“Relax, be real and have fun” Rachel said. She did this for sure! Her goal for her pictures was to capture her personality in her pictures and I think she did a great job letting it show!
Best of luck to Rachel. Continue to be brave, sassy and loving, and you will do amazing things!
Simple. Beautiful. Just As You Are.
Hi again, blog readers!
Let me stop for a second to tell you that I am seriously the luckiest photographer in the world. My clients are always so wonderful to work with. That's true of my session with the Rose family, too!
After rescheduling multiple times because of the horrible weather, we finally were able to meet up at Vitale Park, in Lakeville. With a hint of rain and chill in the air, we managed to have a day that was perfect for photo-taking. While the weather was fine, it was the Rose family that made this shoot such a treat.
The Rose family consists of two of the most sweetest kids you will ever meet and two hard working teachers, one being my daughter’s favorite math teacher J
As you can see from the comments above and the photos below, this family is not only photogenic, but also a close-knit group who clearly love spending time together. They are lucky to have each other.
Our Session highlights are below…enjoy!
Simple. Beautiful. Just As You Are.
PURCHASE CELEBRATE MOTHER’S PACKAGE – $125
How to Prepare for Your Winter Session
Some people shy away from winter sessions because, well, it's cold. But winter sessions make for some prime photo ops, so don't write off the.... brr.... months.
1. Keep tracking the weather. Those white winter days after a lot of snowfall can result in some seriously gorgeous photographs. Booking two months out probably won't work, and you'll instead want to book on a shorter notice.
2. Really play up the winter accessories when planning outfits. Think cozy knit scarves, colorful coats, adorable boots, mittens and more.
3. Plan the day out so that nobody gets fussy or too cold. A bribe of hot chocolate after the session goes a long way. Also make sure that everyone's dressed warmly.
4. Don't be afraid to have fun in that snow. Snowball fights? Snowman building? Angels? The possibilities are endless and this should be all about having fun.
5. Choose colors and prints that pop. An all white background is absolutely beautiful, but having that pop of red or that flash of gingham can really make for a gorgeous photograph.
6. Pack the necessities. Noses tend to run in the cold, and glasses can fog up. Bring tissues, hand-warming packs, clean clothes and hot beverages to keep everyone perky throughout the shoot.
7. Because it can be really cold, note that a shorter session may be in order. Make the most of your photos by using every single second to the max, especially at the beginning of the session when everyone's still warm and spirits are particularly high.
Family pictures are great – they help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family. However, this day can get very stressful, and we want to ensure this doesn’t happen. If you’re stressed it will show, and we want your photos to be carefree. Here are some tips you can use on picture day to help you relax:
1. Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method. It can quickly calm your stress level and you can do it anywhere. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out.
2. Laugh. Laughter is a great way to release tension. It will also help your family relax to get some genuine smiles. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually laugh. This will ease everyone into relaxation mode.
3. Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. Take a deep breath between each number. If you’re still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
4. Distract yourself. If your family isn’t cooperating and you are getting stressed, suggest that we play a game or take a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give us some good interacting photos. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy – it could be something like duck, duck, goose, or dancing to head, shoulders, knees, and toes, etc.
You can also distract yourself by going to your ‘happy place.’ Try to take yourself out of the situation you’re in and let your mind wander.
5. Trace your hand. Take your finger and trace a figure eight on the palm of your opposite hand. This helps relieve stress and muscle tension.
6. Give lots of XOXOs. Not only will these make for cute poses, but one of the most effective ways to relieve stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
Just remember that this is a special time to capture memories. No worries if it isn't going perfect...life isn't perfect :)
Enjoy the Season
I have an absolutely stunning wedding for you all today! The gorgeous couple consists of Justine and Safa, two people that anyone would love to know.
Their wedding day was truly breathtaking. It was one of those events that ran so smooth and all the details matched the venue perfectly. I was especially impressed because the couple lives in Denver, Colorado and did almost all the planning from halfway across the country! The wedding was held at The Rabbit Room in Honeoye Falls New York and was meant to be!
The bride's dress was seriously gorgeous, too. And I'm not just saying that! The lace not only went with the venue but couldn’t imagine the bride in anything else.
We had a lot of fun taking wedding pictures, as well. They decided to not see each other until Justine was walking down the aisle. The emotion I captured in Safa, was truly priceless!
Yipee!! It's a boy AND a girl!!
Tara and Shannon are officially expecting a little lady and man to join their family. The two little bundles of cuteness is set to arrive in just a couple months. So far, Tara has had a somewhat easy pregnancy. Like most moms , she is counting down the days until the babies are welcomed into our world!
I am especially excited for these two not only because they are starting a new adventure in their life but they are family! Shannon is my husband's cousin and I have never seen him so happy. The love between the two of them and excitement for their babies truly shines!
See? I told you they are beautiful together! I can't wait to meet little Rice babies when they finally arrives!
Here is a slideshow of the rest of their session!
« Older Posts
© Danielle Rice Photography
Recent PostsIntroducing Matthew! | Danielle Rice Photography | Upstate New York Who Makes you Smile the Most?? Rachel | Holy Childhood/York Central | Senior Photographer | Danielle Rice Photography Rose Family | Lakeville, NY | Danielle Rice Photography Don’t be invisible in their childhood photos | Celebrate Mom | Danielle Rice Photography Celebrate Mom Session Purchase Page | Danielle Rice Photography 7 Tips for Preparing for Your Winter Session | Danielle Rice Photography | Upstate New York 6 Stress Relieving Tips to NOT Have a Mental Breakdown During Your Session Justine and Safa | The Rabbit Room | Honeoye Falls, NY | Danielle Rice Photography Rice Maternity Session | York, New York | Danielle Rice Photography